[Tagging] Government buildings

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 00:43:55 GMT 2009

Hi all,

How do you tag:
1) Local MP (member of parliament)'s office?
2) A building belonging to a government department (eg, ministry of
3) A building belonging to a service funded by the government (eg,
Information Victoria, near me - sells maps and stuff)
4) Government funded research organisation that is not a university, (eg
Defence Science Technologies Organisation - researches ways to kill people)

I'm particularly curious that there does not appear to be a "government"
landuse tag. Residential, commercial, industrial, military...no government?

And related question, how do you tag charities? Op shops, social services,
soup kitchens... Again, not really looking for a specific amenity tag, just
the general landuse tag. All of the above options seem wrong.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20091207/2466da0d/attachment.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list