[Tagging] bicycle=no

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 00:18:08 GMT 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 9:14 AM, Richard Mann
<richard.mann.westoxford at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 10:42 PM, Roy Wallace <waldo000000 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> you're suggesting how to tag that a path is "commonly
>> used" by bicycles - there isn't a tag for that!
>

> I'm only about a year into trying to find a decent answer to this question
> (how to tag informal bike paths). I know there isn't a tag for it.

Sure, but you said "The problem is not verifiability, it's how you
record what you can see."

In *Australia*, the problem with bicycle=yes/no (i.e. tagging *legal*
status) is indeed verifiability.

Hence, if "you can see" a 2m wide concrete path, but no signage and
have no "non-copyright information on legal status", highway=path +
surface=concrete + width=2 is exactly what you should tag. If it has
"tyre-tracks", feel free to add tyre_tracks=visible.