[Tagging] bicycle=no

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 01:21:58 GMT 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Roy Wallace <waldo000000 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I strongly disagree. The surveyor must only tag information that is
> verifiable. They should NOT tag
> "I_think_the_router_should_send_bikes_down_here=yes". Notice the
> "I_think" - that means it isn't verifiable.

No, but
"100_bikes_come_through_here_every_saturday_morning_and_arrests_so_far=0"
is.

In other words, the person "best placed" to set the criteria for what

they want to ride on is *the user*.

The user don't got no tools to let him make use of all this surface
information. Mapping millimetre by millimetre the surface of a city is less
useful than, say, mapping places where bikes can go.

Steve