[Tagging] bicycle=no

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Tue Dec 8 19:18:31 GMT 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Mike Harris <mikh43 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I looked at this some time ago when formulating my own practice (for better
> or worse!). I could see from the wiki that the access= tag (which I don't
> think I have ever used) does have some values that seem to be legal in
> their
> implications e.g. this wiki page's definition of access=yes. But then I
> started getting confused:

[snip out lots of good examples of the wiki making no sense]

For this reason I abandoned this wiki page ...

I sympathize.  I certainly don't try to follow that wiki page completely.
You'd probably have to put me in a mental institution if I did.

I'm not one of those "wiki says it so you have to follow it" wonks.  I was
merely explaining how I arrived at my particular interpretation of those
tags, which I think at least is reasonable and self-consistent, in response
to your question as to what "people think".

The whole thing is a big mess, and I have no idea how to solve it.