[Tagging] parking

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 21:43:47 GMT 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 7:13 AM, Randy <rwtnospam-newsgp at yahoo.com> wrote:

>>I think access=destination is natural and expresses concisely "you can
>>park here if you are visiting an associated business".
>
> That sounds good to me, as well.

So... access=destination seems to have some support. My issue is that
its use doesn't really reflect the wiki definition - which, at the
moment, is only really explained in relation to highways. At the
moment, access=destination is defined as "the public has right of
access only if this is the only road to your destination." For
access=destination to be extended to parking areas, I think this would
need to be changed to something like: "the public may access/use this
entity only if it is necessary to do so in order to get to your
destination."

Is this sufficient?

Secondly, Peter asked "How should we tag a private corporate employee
car park ... where there are staff car parks and patient car pars and
they are different." This is a good point, and it can't be expressed
with access=destination. This is another reason why I'm still leaning
towards introducing parking=*, in which case the carpark for staff
would be parking=staff and for patients, parking=customer.

Thoughts? Change the definition of access=destination or introduce parking=*?