[Tagging] parking

Stephen Hope slhope at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 00:52:31 GMT 2009

2009/12/9 Randy <rwtnospam-newsgp at yahoo.com>:
> On further thought, while I'm OK with either approach, I think
> "amenity=parking, parking=customer" is a better way to go than bending
> access=destination to fit the issue. It seems a little closer to what
> seems to be a best practice in other areas.
>
> And, it does establish a structure for other potential parking
> restrictions, if they come up, such as "parking=student" "parking=staff"
> and "parking=visitor" at a college, Or even "parking=A" where only those
> with an "A" lot sticker are allowed. That may be a little too cryptic for
> a tag, but I think it makes the point. This would also set the system up
> for something like "parking:max_time=1hr".

Also things like Short term and Long term parking areas near airports,
ferrys, etc. Max stay is good for marking how long you can stay, but
it doesn't show that there is a minimum time (which some long term
parks have).

Also, parking areas for long vehicles only (trucks, buses, caravans
etc), which are quite common at some of the bigger service stops/rest
areas near here. I know at least one driver personally who keeps a
special map tagged up with those around the country.

Stephen