[Tagging] A first step towards bringing the wiki and tool support closer together

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Wed Dec 9 14:46:47 GMT 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:

> I'm not sure if it was meant to be taken this way or not, but I interpret
> that as "tag for what the renderer should be, not what the renderer is".

Remember, the OSM API is 0.6.  We need to be tagging with the assumption
that the renderers are going to have to be changed.

Maybe (*), once we get to 1.0, we can branch off and maintain a database
with a set of tags which remains stable, but we're not there yet.

(*) Maybe.  It'd be a difficult technical problem, but eventually we need
things to stabilize.