[Tagging] A second step towards bringing the wiki and tool support closer together

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 21:56:54 GMT 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 2:21 AM, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking through the list, there are some interesting points - not just
> mistakes in the data. For example, osmarender has much more detailed support
> for historic=*. Both support landuse=conservation, although it's not
> documented in the wiki, etc.
>
> Question: Do you think support in those two renderers is sufficient basis to
> document a tag in the wiki?

I agree with Jonathan - I think you've got this around the wrong way.
Renderers should be updated to *render what is used*, as opposed to
mappers being advised (e.g. via adding documentation to the wiki) to
*use what is rendered*.

Nice work, though - I think this functionality will be really useful
for those looking to *adjust the renderers*.