[Tagging] A second step towards bringing the wiki and tool support closer together

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 04:11:52 GMT 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 3:07 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/12/10 Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com>:
>> Anyone know why this is? Perhaps a hack implemented before <filter>
>> was invented or something?
>
> Why would it need to filter?
>
> The SQL query is pretty specific and I'm guessing the zoom levels are
> sane as well.

I'm still not very familiar with what this whole stylesheet is doing.
What I'm getting at is other node tags (like amenity=) look like this:

<Style name="text">
    <Rule>
      <Filter>[place] = 'island'</Filter>
      &maxscale_zoom10;
      &minscale_zoom18;
      <TextSymbolizer name="name" fontset_name="oblique-fonts"
size="9" fill="#000" dy="0" halo_radius="1" wrap_width="0"/>
    </Rule>

But turning_circle looks like this:

<Layer name="turning_circle" status="on" srs="&osm2pgsql_projection;">
    <StyleName>turning_circle</StyleName>
    <Datasource>
      <Parameter name="table">(select way from &prefix;_point where
highway='turning_circle') as turning_circle</Parameter>
      &datasource-settings;
    </Datasource>
</Layer>

What's the fundamental difference that makes them get implemented this
way? Something to do with the data coming from osm2pgsql.

Sorry for the noob questions, I'm trying to absorb a lot of
information quite quickly.

Steve