[Tagging] bicycle=no

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Thu Dec 10 04:18:05 GMT 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 10:51 PM, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:

> There's a big difference between a fence intended to keep cars out, and one
> that keeps people out.

*Sigh*.  I'll bite.  What would be a fence which is a barrier to one, but
not to the other?  You know barrier doesn't mean "impenetrable", right?

> (Actually I'm probably just misremembering, you're probably supposed to use
> access tags).

Yes, you are.  And presumably certain types of barriers have different
defaults.  But a fence which allows access?

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:barrier%3Dcycle_barrier ?