[Tagging] Tagging highway=cycleway without explicit knowledge of the law?

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat Dec 12 20:48:28 GMT 2009

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009, Anthony wrote:
> Please explain to me what this has to do with you walking.  1) Just because
> it's not called a "cycleway" doesn't mean you can't ride a bike on it.
A cycleway doesn't have steep sections, steps, tight corners and is wider

> 2)
> There are streets right next to the sidewalk, which are better for bicycle
> riding anyway.
This is not about the sidewalk , this is routes away from the road. Riding on
the sidewalk is legal some states in Au and not in other states in Au

> > currently i'm looking at the Australian legal definitions because i'm
> > sure the
> > traffic engineers have answered these questions for us already.
>
> Maybe if by "us" you mean Australians.
 not at all
Researching a topic means looking for other people who have solved the problem
of how you define place-where-people-walk   place_where_people_cycle
place_where_people_drive_vehicles
geographers, cartographers and traffic engineers world wide will have looked
at these definitions and i'm interested in getting better ideas by looking
further