[Tagging] Tagging highway=cycleway without explicit knowledge of the law?

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 03:03:47 GMT 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 11:31 AM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:

> I appreciate that you're trying to solve this.  I really do.  But until you
> have a complete and consistent proposal, which is accepted by the majority
> of the community, I'm sticking with making a judgementas best as I can.

Anthony (and others), what did you think of my proposal from two days ago?:

highway=path (deprecate footway and cycleway!!)
*:legal=yes/no (e.g. bicycle:legal=* - for those who want to map the law)
*:signed=yes/no (e.g. bicycle:signed=* - for those who want to map
what's on the ground)
*:suitable=yes/no (e.g. bicycle:signed=* - for those who want to map
suitability)
designation=* (official classification, i.e. read from a legal document)