[Tagging] Comparison of tag support: Mapnik, Osmarender, Potlatch, JOSM, Kosmos, Map Features (wiki)

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 10:45:50 GMT 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 8:46 PM, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Maybe as a first step we'll iron out the unintended differences between
> the renderers. That would already be a huge success! If this is done

Cool. Shall I leave that with you? :)

> Hint: Don't try to get it all right in one rush, it will only make you
> mad ;-)
>
> If you look at OSMdoc or tagwatch, you'll find a *lot* of stuff that
> won't make sense (at least when you first look at it) and you'll find
> lot's and lot's of typos.

Yeah. The typos are ok, but we should have a regular process to
correct them - and not one by one, either. Just like Wikipedia has its
automated maintenance bots, we can have bots that regularly replace
"comon" with "common" etc. "Just a small matter of programming"...

Steve