[Tagging] bicycle=no

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Thu Dec 17 20:43:20 GMT 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 2:03 PM, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:

> Anthony wrote:
>
> > For example, just one example, here in Florida bicycles are allowed to
> use
> > certain roadways (most roadways, in fact, but I'm too lazy to look up the
> > exact law right this second).  I'm not sure that's a universal law,
> > applicable everyone in the world.
>
> Unless Florida is somehow declaring themselves independent from the rest
> of the United States, which signed on to the Vienna Convention on
> Traffic, then all roads are open to bicycles unless specifically posted
> otherwise, just like every other state and province in north america.

I'm not sure if the Vienna Convention on Traffic is self-executing (or if
not, if there is any implementing legislation), but that's interesting to
know nonetheless.  I'd guess the vast majority of (if not all) roads on
which bicycles are not allowed are going to be marked as such, both here in
Florida and in "every other state and province in north america".  Makes
things a lot easier :).