[Tagging] Post_Box and addr:* nodes

Martin Fossdal Guttesen mguttesen at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 18 22:29:54 GMT 2009

From: "Roy Wallace" <waldo000000 at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2009 9:37 PM
To: "Tag discussion, strategy and related tools" <tagging at openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [Tagging] Post_Box and addr:* nodes

> On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 4:40 AM, Matthias Julius <lists at julius-net.net>
> wrote:
>>
>>> it is the address of the building that the box is attached/fixet onto or
>>> the
>>> building that is closest to it
>>
>> Then I wouldn't tag the box with an address.
>
> +1. Tag the "address of the building" on the building, not the box.

well yeah that is what i have done, i have imported all Addresses from an
official source
but was just wondering if i also should tag the address on the box, or make
som kinde of relation from the box to the address node

i have begun to add the postal boxes and i don't tag the address on them,
just the positon and the operator
the postal service dosn't have the collecting times, event though it is
printed on them
and i can't go around to all 115 of them and check, they are spread out over
15 islands

and i have also just added all postal offices i my country, there are only
28 of them so it was easy