[Tagging] Adding housnumber the lazy way.

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 17:34:15 GMT 2009

2009/12/21 Erik Johansson <erjohan at gmail.com>

> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>
> wrote:
> > Then why don't you use "place=locality, name=45-29" if that's all you
> want.
>
> Thanks, that's a good idea (if it works),

what do you mean by: if it works? All alternative ways to the well
established addressing scheme don't "work". It's easy as that.
place=locality is generally used to give names to localities that don't
match other established features (can be lots, hills, named localities,
etc.), IMHO a locality-node "name=45-29" to express housenumbers is wrong.

> >> Does anyone have any improvements to make this scheme better?
> >
> > Yes, use the same scheme that everyone else uses as well ;-)

+1

> I don't care about geocoders, I will fix it but I'm not that keen on
> getting geocoders to work.

as soon as someone else is editing in your area it will be conflicting
anyway. I just don't see the point of entering useful information in a way
it will not be retrieved...

cheers,
Martin