[Tagging] Are tunnels only below ground? (Was

Randy rwtnospam-newsgp at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 5 01:53:31 GMT 2009

Anthony wrote:

>By the way...
>
>On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Randy
><rwtnospam-newsgp at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>From the picture, it appears that where the road is covered by the
>>building there is actually a pedestrian way and doors into the building
>>from the highway. If that's the case, then it is clearly not a tunnel, be
>>it above or below ground.
>
>If it were underground (with doors into a basement), I'd probably call
>it a tunnel.  Are subway platforms tunnels?

Without doing a lot of research into features, (so please don't vaporize
me) I would say no. Subway platforms are the connecting points for subway
tunnels (sort of).

There are a number of wiki references to rail platforms and some mention
of subway platforms. In particular the proposal on 3D building mapping
talks about such things. But to me, that is an entirely different world,
and I'm not ready to go there.

--
Randy