[Tagging] How to tag house numbers based on decametres?

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 04:20:49 BST 2009

I can't think of a good solution for this, a few years ago they
renumbered all properties along roads outside of residential areas to
be the distance in decametres (10s of metres, 100m would be #10 etc)
from the start of the road, they also have even on the right, odd on
the left, this makes it easier for emergency services to find places
because its based on distance.

I doubt there would be an easy was to interpolate this information for
display, but it could be used to work out end points for routing, and
all we need to know is which end of a way is the start, the rest can
be worked out.