[Tagging] Housenumber interpolation with regularly skipped numbers

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Sun Oct 11 14:36:16 BST 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 7:53 AM, Richard Bullock <rb357 at cantab.net> wrote:
> If you type in a house number on the same street that does exist, it
> takes you to the interpolated position of that house.

Why do you think that's an interpolated position?  I see no evidence
that it is.  In fact, I see evidence that it's not interpolated, in
the fact that 18 Lindow Fold Drive is called an "approximate
position", implying that 16 Lindow Fold Drive is not "approximate",
and therefore not "interpolated".

I think you're abusing the word "interpolated".