[Tagging] [talk-au] How to tag a non-existent road

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 22:52:33 BST 2009

Ok, so my big question is:
Why are your property boundaries rendered with solid fill?
Its not indicating land use, and should be rendered as a
'dash-dot-dot-dash' line.
(at least thats how i remember it from drafting class)

So if the property boundaries arnt filled in, then there is room to go
around and tag areas of 'landuse=residential; or farmland or
protected_area or industrial or what ever.

Its after the area has been tagged with an appropriate landuse tag,
that it becomes clear where the roads 'should technically' be, and
there is also (I think) a tag landuse=civil (to show that the city
owns it)

Me hopes that makes sence :)

cheers,
Sam