[Tagging] tagging the multipolygon model (was landuse and military)

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Thu Oct 15 16:55:49 BST 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> well, elementary schools belong to a residential area as well as a
> (not to big) convenience store that serves mostly this area or a pub.
> At least to "general residential areas" according to German law
> (BauNVO, WA = allgemeines Wohngebiet = general residential area). On
> the other hand, they would just exceptionally be allowed in "pure
> residential areas" (reines Wohngebiet, WR).
>
> For the lake in the forest: do you agree that someone would say: the
> lake (pond) is in the forest? Like a way in the forest, which doesn't
> have trees growing on it, but still is in the forest. It is not
> excluded.

"School" and "lake" are not landuses though, are they?

I'm not even sure "forest" is a proper "landuse" tag.  I guess if it's
meant to mean "tree farm" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tree_farm).
But most "forest" areas aren't "tree farms", they're "natural=wood".