[Tagging] tagging the multipolygon model (was landuse and military)

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Thu Oct 15 17:29:15 BST 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 12:24 PM, sly (sylvain letuffe)
<liste at letuffe.org> wrote:
> On jeudi 15 octobre 2009, Anthony wrote:
>> We can not harass them, but still assert that doing so is wrong, can't we?
> We can, but "should we ?"

If it's wrong, then yes, we should.

Deciding that landuse areas should never overlap is the first step
toward fixing it.  It doesn't mean we have to harass people who
unknowingly (or just lazily) map the overlaps, but it does mean we can
fix their mistakes when we find them.  This could probably be easily
semi-automated around the notion you expressed that the inside area is
probably the correct (or at least more detailed) one.