[Tagging] tagging the multipolygon model (was landuse and military)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 17:50:21 BST 2009

2009/10/17 Pieren <pieren3 at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 12:56 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer
> <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Didn't find the brownfield, but this would obviously be
>> an error, as a brownfield is a construction site, where there were
>> buildings before, so it can IMHO not be a forest.
>
> I didn't say "tagging for the renderers". I was more suggesting
> "adding relation multipolygon only when Mapnik does not render landuse
> overlaps in the right order".

err, that's exactly tagging for the renderers. Multipolygon doesn't
have to do with rendering: it excludes the area inside the inner way
from the area surrounded by the outer way. Nothing more. If you use it
differently to correct render problems it is an error.

> brownfield is here:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.486156&lon=13.484739&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF

thank you. This is a little bit complicated object: it used to be an
amusementpark in the GDR (Kulturpark Berlin, 1969-1990), was reopened
in 1992 as spreepark and reclosed in 2001 (probably fraudulent). Still
I don't think - despite quite a lot of trees - that this area is to be
considerated a forest. I inserted it into the multipolygon. There was
another error: layer=-1 (forest) is not to be set in cases like this.

Cheers,
Martin