[Tagging] Highway property proposal "covered=yes"

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Fri Oct 30 13:58:48 GMT 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
> Splitting the building into two parts, one at layer=0, touching the
> parking area, and one at layer=1, encompassing both the area next to
> and under the parking area, is another solution.  It's similar to what
> we'd do with a highway when we want it to exist at multiple layers.
> But it's probably unprecedented for buildings.

Actually, that wouldn't work if the ground level itself differs from
one part of the building to the other, which is something I've seen
before in malls (the second floor on one side is the first floor on
the other).

I can't think of a proper way to map this without changing
everything...  I don't know.