[Tagging] Beaches

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sun Apr 11 00:03:04 BST 2010

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010, Roy Wallace wrote:
> The only alternative I see is landuse=beach, which I think would be
> ok, if there were a clear distinction between this and natural=beach.
> For a "beach" created by dumping a bunch of sand in the middle of a
> city, to me, that's pretty clearly landuse=beach.
Here is an exact example in Brisbane
http://osm.org/go/ueD2RxDc1--
That one has been tagged natural=beach
I guess we could dual tag some things until renderers were altered to cope.

> But in Australia
> sand, is frequently dumped on beaches bordering the sea, to "top up"
> the sand for the tourists. At what point would that change from
> natural=beach to landuse=beach?

I wouldn't worry about that, the tourists don't.

+1 for landuse=beach, providing that includes beach below high tide mark, and
hoping that no person thinks that should be seause=beach