[Tagging] Beaches

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Sun Apr 11 02:23:36 BST 2010

Lennard wrote:
> On 11-4-2010 0:50, Roy Wallace wrote:
>

>> city, to me, that's pretty clearly landuse=beach. But in Australia
>> sand, is frequently dumped on beaches bordering the sea, to "top up"
>> the sand for the tourists. At what point would that change from
>> natural=beach to landuse=beach?
>>

> Not just for tourists, but another major reason is for coastal protection.
>
> Really, we humans sculpt and mold large swaths of our environment. Why
> should the distinction between 'natural' and 'landuse' cause so much
> aggravation and discussion?
Not wanting to hijack this thread onto another subject, but the general
problem is using adjectives (natural) instead of nouns (landuse) for
keys.Yes I'm aware landuse is partially a verb. Another example that is
even worse is 'historical'.

This needs to be discussed in a separate thread.

Cheers
Dave F.