[Tagging] Marina - mapnik render change

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Sat Apr 17 14:44:00 BST 2010

Hi

See 'Mapnik rendering of Marinas changed' over on @Talk

In Mapnik a marina used to be rendered as blue area to represent the
water but has now changed to a blue dashed border to represent the whole
area including the land area surround it.

My understanding, from the wiki & from examples I looked up when first
mapping a marina, was that water is what it represented & any other
entities would be tagged separately as buildings, jetties, landing ramps
etc.

It appears this change in tagging usage was decide by just a few people
on IIRC which I'm not sure is the correct place to make these kind of
decisions.

Am I incorrect in my understanding of the existing usage?

Your opinions welcomed.

Cheers
Dave F.