[Tagging] Fire fighting training facilities

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 23:21:52 BST 2010

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 5:39 PM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually you made a good point about the bomb squad, similar in that
> they are training facilities, but different types, so we may need a
> main type that it's a training facility and then sub-type based on
> fire, bomb, police etc.

I think the BPD Bomb Squad makes use of BFD's practice burn range for
detonations as opposed to a separate facility, they may have a garage
or something. (although i hope they dispatch from somewhere closer in,
& only run out there when they have a suspect devise in their
pressure-cooker on wheels trailer.)The BPD runs the pistol range
around the corner, which is used both for training and qualification,
not just for police but also private security and any other citizens
applying for Permit to Carry.  (Too bad the crooks don't take and pass
a safety and marksmanship class too.)

--
Bill
n1vux at arrl.net bill.n1vux at gmail.com