[Tagging] playground tag proposal

antony.king antony.king at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Apr 20 10:27:48 BST 2010

On 20 April 2010 09:27, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20 April 2010 18:18, antony.king <antony.king at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>> I'd like to get voting underway this weekend if possible, depending of
>> course on what issues are raised.
>
> Have you used this tagging scheme much to date?
>
> Did you notice any issues?

I've been using it on my local playgrounds in kemsley, and minophos
has been using it on some in the Leighton Buzzard area and so far, the
only issue we've met is that we've had to add a few more equipment
types. I've also written an export tool so that you can view the
playgrounds on a UK map with some summary data; it's a bit ropey at
the moment (running on a Lex Light in my son's room!) but if you look
here:

http://ant.homelinux.net/maps

with username map, password mrmappy

you'll see a map of them; the blue ones are done according to the new
schema. If you don't see the icons, try again later; I'm hacking at it
right now.

I've also got mapnik somewhere nearby configured to draw the
playgrounds, which looks cool but I can't sensibly run it on my home
server.