[Tagging] [OSM-talk] [tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (Trolley)

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 14:16:08 BST 2010

On 29 April 2010 22:22, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Two big issues I see (ignoring the fascinating issue of cart vs trolley):
> 1) Who cares if a shop has trolleys or not? Big supermarkets do. Tiny

You mean the same as who cares about people trying to map ways out as
areas? Just because it doesn't interest you doesn't mean that
information isn't useful to others.

> ones don't. They have baskets instead. Is it really worth mapping?
> Should we also map the number of checkouts? The number of aisles? The

While you may have said it as a joke, but the number of checkouts
could be useful to someone, same with average line length and average
checkouts open.

> 2) Airport trolleys and supermarket trolleys are really unrelated. And
> if we're mapping airport trolleys, we'd be talking about mapping
> nodes: "you can collect trolleys here".

While they're different, the location gives context as to what they're for.

> Also, if mapping as a property of a shop, then make the tag resemble
> that: "shop:trolleys=yes", not "amenity=trolley".

or just trolley=yes/no