[Tagging] emergency=*

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Sun Aug 1 03:11:29 BST 2010

  On 31/07/2010 12:36, Liz wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Jul 2010, Dave F. wrote:
>> In an emergency you don't give damn where that building is, just how
>> quickly the ambulance can get to you.
>> Emergency should be used for items that you need to find in an emergency.
> sorry, mate I don't agree
> I do need to know where that building is, and that is because I can also
> attend that building for attention. Two trips to the cop shop in the last two
> months; a while since i attended the ambulance station but it is still an
> option.

Fine; if you need a police station you're going to search for 'police'
or 'police station'.

The fact that the key tag is emergency or amenity or whatever is
irrelevant. 'Police' is the operative word.

> And as my customers think everything is an 'emergency' we'd have to tag the
> shop where you buy condoms as 'emergency', as well as the pub, because running
> out of beer is another type of emergency.

Now you're just talking nonsense.

A couple of general point to all about tagging:

There is a difference between  the 'key' tag &  'value' tag that many
don't appear to appreciate & should be learnt.

To differentiate between different entities, such as, in this thread,
different uses of hospitals & ambulances can be clarified using sub rags
- it doesn't have to be done in the primary one.

cheers
Dave F.