[Tagging] emergency=*

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Sun Aug 1 16:20:10 BST 2010

  On 01/08/2010 03:55, John Smith wrote:
> On 1 August 2010 12:11, Dave F.<davefox at madasafish.com>  wrote:
>> To differentiate between different entities, such as, in this thread,
>> different uses of hospitals&  ambulances can be clarified using sub rags -
>> it doesn't have to be done in the primary one.
> People think amenity is over crowded,

The database can handle a infinite definitions. (actually probably not
infinite, but you know what I mean).

For some reason Liz claimed that the problem was with the long list in
the wiki.

Tagging for the wiki is even worse action than tagging for the renderer.

> and perhaps Liz's suggestion
> about renaming amenity to various is valid, at least then it would
> more accurately reflect that it's a dumping ground for everything.

I don't think it is. Amenity has a meaning & most in map features are
correctly tagged for it (not sure about architect office though).

Dave F.