[Tagging] Polite request for when replying.

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Sun Aug 1 22:35:22 BST 2010

  On 01/08/2010 14:22, Steve Bennett wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Dave F.<davefox at madasafish.com>  wrote:
>> Can I please ask that when replying to a previous message that they do it in
>> line so that they display in one thread.
> Sorry, what do you mean, "in line"?

I may not be using the correct terminology, tree structure is probably
what I mean, where a reply is placed underneath (& sometimes indented
to) the message it's replying to.

The emergency=* thread got split into many separate & became hard to
follow (& not just by me from looking at some of the replies!)

> Fwiw, I'm using Gmail, which groups but doesn't tree-structure
> threads. So my issue is that once there are more than about 20-30
> messages in a thread, it becomes too hard to follow the argument, so I
> just give up and move on.

Not sure, but can an email client like Thunderbird receive Gmail?

> Suggestion: make every post count. No two-line messages, no throwaway
> comments, no pedantry.

Oh, but I quite like a bit of pedantry. :)

Cheers
Dave F.