[Tagging] Living streets in the United States

Peteris Krisjanis pecisk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 09:33:27 BST 2010

2010/8/8 Alan Millar <amillar503 at gmail.com>:
> On Sat, 2010-08-07 at 11:20 -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
>> After having come across a few ways tagged "highway=living_street" in
>> Troutdale, Oregon; I have to wonder what exactly would qualify such a
>> street as a living street given that we have no such classification in
>> the Americas?

It would be worth to check it out to be sure. I found such page
http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/laws.html

In fact it can be called also a living zone. Mostly it is European
thing, according to wiki.

Maybe US law just hopes that driver would be very reasonable and won't
charge at 60 in a backyard :)

Cheers,
Peter.