[Tagging] Tagging "natural" borders

Erik G. Burrows erik at erikburrows.com
Tue Aug 10 21:59:26 BST 2010

I have several cases where a border polygon (national park, wilderness,
etc.) is defined based on a natural feature, such as a
stream/crestline/etc.

What is the preferred way to handle this dual-purpose way?

Splitting the border way, creating a relation of the border pieces, and
adding the natural= tag to the correct pieces seems reasonable to me, but
I want to make sure that is correct, and will render properly.

Thanks,
  -Erik Burrows

--
If you are flammable and have legs, you're never blocking a fire exit.
-Mitch Hedberg