[Tagging] other landuse values?

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 18:50:37 BST 2010

2010/8/15 Vincent Pottier <vpottier at gmail.com>:
>> IMHO not all continuous urban fabrics are centres, or I don't get the
>> meaning of this term according to my unsufficient English.
>>

> You are right ! They are, also in Besançon, 'centers' in suburbs.

The term "continuous urban fabric" is IMHO not referring to any
landuse (btw. the corine data set itself is not about landuse but
about landcover) but tells you whether there is bare soil or
vegetation (in a noticable amount) inside the city fabric (simply
spoken: is it a "whole" or is it perforated sum of holes).
This document gives you some examples:
http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBsQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eea.europa.eu%2Fpublications%2FCOR0-part2%2Fland_coverPart2.1.pdf&rct=j&q=continuous%20urban%20fabric&ei=ySZoTI7OFcbKjAe38ZzVBA&usg=AFQjCNGbISDI0zM9e0Ee9HINkN4WTnB_yA&cad=rja

centre on the other hand has implications on the landuse as well as
some historic component.

cheers,
Martin