[Tagging] Tagging for streets with sharrows?

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Mon Aug 16 12:09:43 BST 2010

  On 10/08/2010 11:54, Mike N. wrote:
> There are a number of local streets being converted from 4-lane to 2
> lanes + center turn + sharrows.
>
> http://bikehugger.com/2006/12/whats-a-sharrow.html
>
>  What is the best way to tag these - they were  discussed briefly in
> the recent "shoulder, etc" thread, but I can't find any consensus.   I
> found the proposed cycleway=shared_lane , which seems to be as good a
> solution as any. Comments?

Hi

OK, can I get some clarification here please?

A sharrow does not describe what type of cycleway it is, or whereabouts
it is, but purely some painted lines on the road in the form a chevron
arrows as a sign.

Is this correct?

If so, I personally wouldn't bother, but if you feel the need to, please
don't use it to try & fudge a description of a cycleway which already
has far to convoluted tagging system.

Cheers
Dave F.