[Tagging] Tagging for streets with sharrows?

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Mon Aug 16 14:35:09 BST 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 7:09 AM, Dave F. <davefox at madasafish.com> wrote:
> OK, can I get some clarification here please?
>
> A sharrow does not describe what type of cycleway it is, or whereabouts it
> is, but purely some painted lines on the road in the form a chevron arrows
> as a sign.

My understanding is that it's an advisory marking which tells
bicyclists the safest part of the road for them to travel on, be it
the left side of the right lane, the right side of the right lane, the
right side of the second-to-right lane (for instance if there is a
turning lane coming up), etc.

As a side-effect, it also makes it explicit that bicycles are allowed.

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.