[Tagging] Non Proposed Features

Matthias Meißer digi_c at arcor.de
Mon Aug 16 15:31:52 BST 2010

Hi everybody,

as I noted in my diary, the forums,...
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/!i!/diary/11477
I would like to improve the features page and other wiki pages around.

Therefore I asked at the talk page
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features#Cleanup_Request

I checked the current german map feature list and noticed a lot few
features and key that are new but non proposed. I beg the authors to
move them out of the list back to the proposed features.
I create a template to label them
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features#Non_proposed_features

Hope nobody is angry, of course everybody can tag as he like but IMHO
the feature list needs some kind of soft moderation:
1. it is for the most people 'the reference' esp. newbies
2. the community should have the right to talk about new ideas
3. Proposals seem to be the only way to avoid conflicts and get good
models that work fine worldwide.

Of course the proposal process is far away from beeing perfect, looks a
little bit like master control, makes it ardous to introduce new
features. But on the other hand we get a good overview whats new, have
time to think about ideas and involve the community in a creative way
instead of showing something final.

Especially complete new Keys like OFFICE=* or EMERGENCY=* should be
discussed to show up where their items start and end and if there might
be better solutions.

So what do you think?

regards
Matthias