[Tagging] turn restrictions, multiple time intervals

Sebastian Klein bastikln at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 17 09:33:41 BST 2010

John Smith wrote:
> On 17 August 2010 17:44, Sebastian Klein <bastikln at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Michael Barabanov wrote:
>>> Seems like double work to me.  Ross's suggestion may just work.  If
>>> there're no objections, I'll update the wiki.
>> Please not, this is a crude hack. Why not use the opening_hours syntax? This
>> should be standard.
>>
>> hours=6:00-9:00,15:00-19:00
>
> Shouldn't that be inverted to indicate the hours you can turn, rather
> than the hours you can't?

I'd say hours=* refers to some feature and describes the time this
feature is active/relevant.

In this case it is put on the turn-restriction relation, so it would
describe the times, this restriction holds.

I also found the following example where a Pedestrian area, "bicycle
allowed 20:00-10:00" was roughly tagged as

way #1:
highway=pedestrian

relation #1:
type=composite_attribute
hours=20:00-0:00,0:00-10:00
bicycle=yes

In this case the feature is "bicycle=yes" (or the entire relation).

Sebastian