[Tagging] Proposal: Energy generator power types

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Tue Aug 17 11:49:42 BST 2010

Following discussion here and on the wiki I have changed "power_type" to
"power_output":
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/power_type

I have also introduced a new tag proposal, "power_method":
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/power_method

This resolves ambiguities about what "solar thermal" means, retains the
advances offered by my original proposal, and opens up a whole world of fun
describing the method used by the generator to turn the fuel into useful
energy. I have entered a limited set of power_method values, others might
want to expand it.

If any wiki enthusiasts want to change the name of the first proposal to
"Proposed_features/power_output" and do something with the deprecated
proposal currently occupying that URL, be my guest!

Regards,
Tom Chance