[Tagging] turn restrictions, multiple time intervals

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 14:08:25 BST 2010

On 17 August 2010 22:27, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> If a restriction is valid only for some time, I would like to see this
> in one tag and not in 2 for several reasons:

I think you are over engineering, in any case my previous point still
stands, there is no less than 3 completely different ways listed on
that proposal to indicate a time based restriction which is bad from a
consistency point of view.

> - allows for multiple conditional restrictions (e.g. one restriction for night-time, one for daytime, etc.)

Isn't that just a time based condition?

> - is IMHO more transparent for the reader

You also have to consider uses of the data, people can parse
information much more flexibly than computers and if you want routing
software to do something useful you have to keep that use in mind as
well.

> - is analogous to other conditions (if the proposal, that AFAIK is already in use) is approved

Why did you link to a proposal page that seems in conflict with the
"approved" use?

> - is simpler

For whom? It certainly isn't simpler for a computer to deal with.