[Tagging] turn restrictions, multiple time intervals

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 14:58:31 BST 2010

2010/8/17 John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>:
> On 17 August 2010 23:44, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Oops, so sorry, I wasn't aware that there is already a time syntax in
>> the restrictions relation :(
>
> I your suggestion conflicts with the restriction=* values, so any
> existing software may handle the extension stuff you outlined would be
> handled poorly. Although this comes back to a previous thread on
> should existing software dictate functionality, you seem to think it
> does in terms of amenity=school, but not here...

I'm pulling this back to the list, because otherwise it is not useful
for the rest of the comunity, and because I think that you don't mind.

amenity=school is widely used (85766 uses in Europe) and I guess that
many applications use it.

hour_on is used 202 times in relations (again Europe) and the syntax
is quite mixed and not at all homogenous. That's why I wouldn't
consider this settled as opposed to schools.

cheers,
Martin