[Tagging] turn restrictions, multiple time intervals

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 15:08:41 BST 2010

2010/8/17 John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>:
> On 18 August 2010 00:03, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2010/8/17 John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>:
>>> I'm not talking about hour_on, I'm talking specifically about your suggestion:

>>> Which breaks restriction=*
>>

>> IMHO it doesn't. It is justified that a restriction that is valid
>> _only 6-9 or 15-18_ doesn't look the same than a restriction that is
>> valid all the time.
>
> It does break most software because most software would be looking for
> a limited set of values as outlined on the page, they won't be trying
> to parse the information through regular expression handling...

It is much more elegant on the other hand not to have to create
separate restrictions for all times, but deal in one restriction with
it. The more these things are in use, the more apps will be able to
understand them. Currently many apps don't even use any kind of turn
restrictions to determine the route.

cheers,
Martin