[Tagging] Proposal: Energy generator power types

André Riedel riedel.andre at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 15:10:57 BST 2010

2010/8/17 Tom Chance <tom at acrewoods.net>:
> Just to help summarise, with these proposals we end up with:
>
> power=generator (the starting point)

Please do not mix the "power"-tag for generating electricity with
other sources of energy like steam, vacuum, heat and so on.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:power
-> For marking and tagging facilities for the generation and
distribution of electrical power.

> power_output (to specify what type energy is generated)
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/power_type

obsolet, because "power" defines electricity. Again, please propose a
new tag for heating or cooling plants. e.g. man_made=heat_plant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat-only_boiler_station

> power_method (to specify how it generates the useful energy)
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/power_method

nice :-)

André