[Tagging] Is cycleway:right=lane necessary on a one-way street?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 04:29:23 BST 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 9:32 PM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> but doesn't this not just reduce the bike traffic to the opposite
> direction? Would you say that the oneway direction is already
> implicit?

cycleway=opposite_lane means travel in *both* the forward direction,
and the backward direction. I don't think we have a way to express a
road which has a cycleway only in the opposite direction (that
actually doesn't sound that crazy, I'm sure I've seen things like that
in France - when riding with traffic, there are no markings, but
against traffic there is a lane primarily to stop cars from thinking
you're breaking the law). Or maybe I'm not reading the wiki correctly.

I suppose a much simpler scheme could have been invented, but anyway.

Steve

 Maybe adding a cycleway:lanes=2 could clarify (at least for