[Tagging] Is cycleway:right=lane necessary on a one-way street?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 05:10:41 BST 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 5:40 PM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, bleh. You're talking about a situation where a bike lane on one
> side of the road is two-way:
> http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/publications/research/safety/pedbike/05085/chapt15.cfm#pra
> I don't know how I'd tag that, but I'd certainly add a cycle_hazard=* tag.

Fwiw, that situation is a two-way road with a two-way bike lane.

Btw, I think here's an example of a one-way road with a one-way
reverse-direction bike lane:

http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-37.89614,145.162751&z=21&t=h&nmd=20100711

I came across it a couple of weeks ago. I'm not certain whether the
northbound cyclist (going with traffic) is allowed to use the bike
lane or not.

Steve