[Tagging] Another classification needed for minor urban/suburban collectors?

Kevin Atkinson kevin at atkinson.dhs.org
Mon Aug 23 10:19:49 BST 2010

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010, Nathan Edgars II wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 4:41 AM, Kevin Atkinson <kevin at atkinson.dhs.org> wrote:
>> If you help me to find the roads mentioned I might be able to give you a
>> little better advice.
>
> What do you mean by "find the roads mentioned"?

I assume what you gave are street names, correct? Are they in the area you
linked to.  If so what are the marked as now, etc.  Can you give them in
the order in which I will find them in the map, either going form
North to South or West to East, etc.

>> Also how are you identifying the function of the roads.  Is it just local
>> knowledge? Or are you using some official documents?
>
> Mostly local knowledge for the more major roads, plus physical
> characteristics for the minor collectors (for example, they have a
> centerline while other nearby streets don't).

In that case I will leave some of them as residential.  I didn't mark
every road with a centerline as tertiary in Salt Lake City.  Many may be
considered local roads and not collectors by the city and/or the state.