[Tagging] is tourism a good category for everything cultural?

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 10:49:51 BST 2010

2010/8/22 Claudius Henrichs <claudius.h at gmx.de>:
>  tourism=artwork
> + artwork_type=sculpture

because of the quote above I'm raising the question: is tourism a good
top-category? I think in many cases it is not. Even hotels are only
sometimes related to tourism, while others are related to business.

The wiki states: "Places and things of specific interest to tourists"

IMHO neither artwork, nor museums, nor picnic-sites and the least zoos
are "of specific interest" to tourists.

I'd very much like to see a toplevel-tag cultural (and probably
another one accomodation).

cheers,
Martin