[Tagging] Another classification needed for minorurban/suburban collectors?

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Mon Aug 23 14:17:58 BST 2010

I can understand the need for distinction, however.  Many suburban areas have the streets laid out in a tree structure, rather than a grid.  The feeder streets that are the main routes into and out of the neighborhoods have residences along them, but generally wider than the side-streets, and sometimes have a higher speed limit.  Sometimes these streets will have a mix of residences, small businesses, and professional offices such as dentist's offices and doctor's offices.